There’s nothing quite as futuristic as the introduction of a robot lawn mower into the gardening market. This nifty garden tool takes all the hassle out of maintaining your lawn. However, for many, they may be considering whether it really is worth the investment.
Luckily, you don’t need to be overly tech-savvy to make use of this magnificent gardening machine. Here are a few important points for you to consider.
If we’re honest, we all want a luscious lawn in our garden, but not the maintenance that comes with it. This is exactly what makes a robot mower so appealing. You can keep a perfectly cultivated lawn without much effort. However, there is a lot to consider before making the investment in a robotic lawn mower. Is it really worth it? How well do they work? Which is the best one to buy? Let’s take a look.
Technology has become an integral part of making our everyday lives a little easier and more efficient. Now, technology is here to help you maintain your lawn with almost minimal effort. Robotic lawnmowers have unique, futuristic features that make them a great option for the everyday gardener and minimalistic gardeners alike.
These compact, battery-powered machines offer a lifestyle-friendly option to keep your grass looking good all year round. It’s ideal for those who have mobility issues, those who tend to be away from home a lot and for those who simply don’t want to spend their Saturdays in the glaring heat mowing their lawn.
But how do you know if it’s a worthwhile investment for you?
Are Robotic Lawn Mowers Worth Buying?
This is a key question. Robotic lawn mowers not only take the activity of mowing the lawn out of your hands but are also optimised to benefit your grass, your lifestyle and minimise your exposure to the pesky allergens associated with mowing the lawn.
Consider these features:
- Robotic lawn mowers are designed to trim the grass, a few blades at a time. This reduces the stress on your lawn, promotes healthier grass and naturally fertilises the grass with the smaller clippings.
- As opposed to noisy gasoline-powered or electric lawn mowers, robotic lawn mowers are incredibly quiet. This means you can set your mower to work at any time in the day, week, or year.
- Most robotic lawn mowers operate in random patterns; as a result, you won’t end up with any unsightly rows or dents in your grass.
- When they’re not operating, robotic lawn mowers are kept in their charging stations. They are so small and compact that you won’t have to worry about storing a cumbersome machine.
- Robotic lawn mowers are much safer. Unlike traditional lawn mowers with big blades, these mowers have surprisingly small blades that are fully enclosed. They also have a range of sensors that signal if they are tilted or lifted and stop. Thus, much safer around pets and children.
Do Robotic Lawn Mowers Really Work?
Robotic lawn mowers work incredibly effectively, especially when set to venture out a few times a week. Robotic mowers are guided by a boundary cable, which needs to be laid along the edges of the lawn.
This helps it recognise where to mow and where to stop, at the edge of a flower bed, for instance. The mower will move in random patterns until it reaches an obstacle or a boundary cable, turn around and carry on until it reaches another cable.
Another great feature is that some types of robot lawn mowers can even cut your edges, making tailored lawn even easier. With the right mower, you’ll have a luscious lawn and easy edges all year round.
Of course, not every model has this feature. Luckily, if you equip yourself with one of the best whipper snippers on the market, you’ll still be able to have easy edges without too much extra effort. A whipper snipper is a great tool to have anyway, as it can help give you that perfect touch for spots your robotic mower may miss or struggle to reach.
How to Choose the Best Robotic Lawn Mower
There is a range of robotic mowers available on the market, and you’ll need to compare usability, practicality, and cost. Especially as a robotic mower really is a long-term investment, it’s important to make the right choice.
You’ll need to consider:
Other Features & Benefits
Certain models will have a few extra features that make the investment even more enticing. These features include:
- Wi-Fi/Bluetooth & App Compatibility. Some mowers will be linked to an app that allows you to track, monitor and operate your mower from your mobile device, even when far away.
- Home Automation Compatibility. The way you can fully automate your home, lights and appliances, you can add your lawn mower to the list.
- Automatic Adaption. Some mowers come with a built-in maintenance system that will optimise their own mowing schedule for maximum grass health.
- Rain Sensor. Most mowers are able to function in light rain. Some mowers will have a built-in sensor that tells them if the rain is pouring too hard and will dock itself until the rain subsides.
- Obstacle Sensors. These sensors will allow your mower to pick up on any obstacles, like a playground or pole and move around them with ease.
- GPS Tracking. A great anti-theft feature is GPS tracking which allows you to locate your mower at all times.
Make Lawn Maintenance Easy – Invest in a Robotic Mower Today!
At the end of the day, a robotic lawn mower really is worth it, especially if you’re someone who hates the hassle of having to mow your lawn. It’s safer, environmentally friendly, better for you, and better for your lawn in the long run.
Of course, robotic mowers won’t fully replace our classic lawn mowers, but they certainly offer an exciting option to tend to an unruly lawn. Say hello to perfect lawns when you buy a robotic lawn mower today.